Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you playing right now?
(11-07-2018, 06:50 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Although I guess you don't talk about the duds because, well, there duds.

Survival bias strikes again.
Dearest Kalazarc, what are you reading?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I was re-reading the chaos walking trilogy (Knife of Never Letting Go etc) which was nostalgic.

And I have been intermittently ready Brandon Sanderson's "The Stormlight Archive" series which has been pretty good.

I still need to read "The Prince" which I have been borrowing for far too long and it is starting to be embarrassing.
(11-07-2018, 07:03 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: I still need to read "The Prince" which I have been borrowing for far too long and it is starting to be embarrassing.

"The Prince is a 16th-century political treatise by the Italian diplomat and political theorist Niccolò Machiavelli. From correspondence a version appears to have been distributed in 1513..."

This the one? Sounds like a chore..
That's the one. It is full of controversial philosophy. It'll be great! Only issue is that I can't even read a whole email without getting bored halfway through, skipping to the end and making wild conclusions. It gets me into all kinds of trouble.
(11-07-2018, 07:31 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: That's the one. It is full of controversial philosophy
Well that sounds interesting at least.

(11-07-2018, 07:31 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: Only issue is that I can't even read a whole email without getting bored halfway through, skipping to the end and making wild conclusions. It gets me into all kinds of trouble.
Haaa. Same here. I believe it's called 'Autism'.
(11-07-2018, 07:34 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Haaa. Same here. I believe it's called 'Autism'.

Might be closer to ADHD? I think people with Autism struggle to filter out information, so they get overwhelmed. We just don't take it in in the first place. Which TBH, might just be called stupidity haha. Oh well, we make up for it with our good looks and charm right?
(11-07-2018, 07:21 PM)AdminGG Wrote: "The Prince is a 16th-century political treatise by the Italian diplomat and political theorist Niccolò Machiavelli.
Hey let's get back to the literature.

The foreword is Niccolo saying to the duke of the city he wants to live in that most creatives that want to join a court will showcase their talents, and so he showcases his diplomatic aptitude in his short book of political tips and tricks (such as:, if you overthrow a ruler, make sure to murder him and his entire family, so there are no pretenders to the title you usurped). It's the original, ruthless, cold and calculated realpolitik
So I finished the latest Witcher book. I think the writing did actually get better as the story progressed, which is good. Still not comparable, or as good as any of the other books.

It's a cool stand alone novel, but as said its largely the same formula as most the other books, just much more average.

The only fantastic part was the epilogue. Really the only cool thing to take away from the entire book.