Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The The Da Vinci Code Code
(03-09-2018, 09:55 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: I have Digital Fortress, and seen the others regularly enough everywhere. He has a new book out soon?
Hahaha so it turns out he has now written 5 (FIVE) Robert Langdon novels. The first were Angels And Demons(1998) and The Da Vinci Code(2003). The next three, The Lost Symbol(2009), Inferno(2013), and Origin(2017), I have not read and would not recommend based on our pear-review of The Lost Symbol.

I guess Dan is just cashing in on the Da Vinci hype? Maybe one or two of those new books are actually good?

Just read Digital Fortress. It'll take like a week or less
They made a movie outta Inferno too. So thats 3/5 movies made?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(03-09-2018, 10:43 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: They made a movie outta Inferno too. So thats 3/5 movies made?

yeah was going to say if reading one of the most readable authors is too much watch the films and miss the whole point of the conversation entirely
(03-09-2018, 11:40 AM)crispier taco Wrote: yeah was going to say if reading one of the most readable authors is too much watch the films and miss the whole point of the conversation entirely

Haven't seen any of them and don't plan too.

Was more thinking of your point of him making a series outta his character and boy does Hollywood love that, time to milk the cow and make some $$$ outta what i assume to be average watered-down movies (from the books).

hahaah oh jesus I thought that was an actual trailer. Thanks for the GoT spoilers hahahaa

Brilliant work.
(03-09-2018, 11:40 AM)crispier taco Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 10:43 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: They made a movie outta Inferno too. So thats 3/5 movies made?

yeah was going to say if reading one of the most readable authors is too much watch the films and miss the whole point of the conversation entirely

Can't wait for Robert Langdon in Avengers 4. Maybe the love interest could be Captain Marvel? idk how soft she is though.

'Origin' ?? Even the name sounds so generic. Can this code be used for titles as well? 
Also just realised "Use the Wikipedia random article button to name your character" . That's going to have a 1% hit rate of an actual name. And it'll be a famous person.
(03-09-2018, 12:20 PM)████ Wrote: Also just realised "Use the Wikipedia random article button to name your character" . That's going to have a 1% hit rate of an actual name. And it'll be a famous person.

So haven't actually written my prototype yet but generated my template of 5 scenes, 7 characters, and 5 chapters.
I can't reveal too much because if you get spoilers my short story wont be as gripping and incredible.

But my 7 characters are:
male HERO "Emma Hagieva"
male GUARDIAN "Roman Chalbaud"
male ALLY "List of Top Gear episodes"
male ALLY "Kalat Division"
female MENTOR "Theology of Pope Benedict XVI"
female GUARDIAN "Courteenhall"
male SHAPESHIFTER "Acanthinus"

So yeah, the wikipedia random article button is flawless, as is my formula.
(03-09-2018, 12:40 PM)crispier taco Wrote: male ALLY "List of Top Gear episodes"

This is going to be a great book
(03-09-2018, 12:40 PM)crispier taco Wrote: But my 7 characters are:
male HERO "Emma Hagieva"
male GUARDIAN "Roman Chalbaud"
male ALLY "List of Top Gear episodes"
male ALLY "Kalat Division"
female MENTOR "Theology of Pope Benedict XVI"
female GUARDIAN "Courteenhall"
male SHAPESHIFTER "Acanthinus"

So yeah, the wikipedia random article button is flawless, as is my formula.

Seems like you got very lucky.

Acanthinus is pretty much believable. Male Ally 1 can be 'TG' for short. All that's left is whether Emma is going to bang Ms Courteenhall or Theo first.
(03-09-2018, 03:49 PM)████ Wrote: Acanthinus is pretty much believable. Male Ally 1 can be 'TG' for short. All that's left is whether Emma is going to bang Ms Courteenhall or Theo first.

I can tell you I was lucky enough to roll a "budding romance" event...
I think the list of top gear episodes did it.

Duuuuuuuuh.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]