Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a live action bleach film on netflix
Lightbulb 
Get excited
And it will be terrible. The end.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
skip the first 1 hour 20 minutes, the Ichigo vs Renji fight is actually pretty fun, and the Ichigo vs Byakuya fight is great too
I think it may be the best live action version of a manga/game/etc that I can think of. Apparently there's a good chance they'll make sequels, if so I would watch.

Film might be a 5 or 6 out of 10, making it a lot better than most of that genre of film
(16-09-2018, 04:01 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Apparently there's a good chance they'll make sequels, if so I would watch.

Yeah they always do. How many did Death Note get?

1:20 mins to get to some more iconic fights? how long is the movie?
(16-09-2018, 05:40 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote:
(16-09-2018, 04:01 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Apparently there's a good chance they'll make sequels, if so I would watch.

Yeah they always do. How many did Death Note get?

1:20 mins to get to some more iconic fights? how long is the movie?
1:48

There's a lot of time lost establishing characters (almost all the high school characters appear to exist in the film only to gossip about Ichigo), but Ichigo and Rukia fight Fishbone, the fight where Ichigo gains soul reaper powers, they also fight 2 or 3 other hollows, get in the Quincy - soul reaper feud, Chad being strong, Orihime... anyone who didn't already know the story would be feeling super lost, they have to cram in a lot.

There's one shot of soul society, it looks like a sci-fi bad guys fortress
(16-09-2018, 09:23 PM)crispier taco Wrote: anyone who didn't already know the story would be feeling super lost, they have to cram in a lot.

Hmm. I've just looked it up and its a Japanese live action. Considering Bleach rivals Naruto and One Piece for biggest shonen manga/anime of all time you'd think they wouldn't go full origin/reboot story. It's a household name over there for sure. Although live action tries to appeal to a larger audience. Still though, for the sake of pacing, you'd think if they went that route they could extend it over 2-3 movies even to sort that out. Always a difficult balance with a movie though.

So Ichigo vs Rengi and the Byakuya fight happen in the last 28 mins? About 10 each? If so that's not bad for a fight i guess.

I'm intrigued. I think I'll watch.
(17-09-2018, 09:05 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: So Ichigo vs Rengi and the Byakuya fight happen in the last 28 mins? About 10 each? If so that's not bad for a fight i guess.

Zabimaru is very well done, it's a great time for sure
(17-09-2018, 09:05 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote:
(16-09-2018, 09:23 PM)crispier taco Wrote: anyone who didn't already know the story would be feeling super lost, they have to cram in a lot.

Considering Bleach rivals Naruto and One Piece for biggest shonen manga/anime of all time

One Piece at 1st, Naruto at 3rd, with Bleach down at 10th place. but yeah, your point still stands.
I feel they're really destroying whatever legacy Bleach was going to have with these spinoffs. Bleach has always been one of my favourites for a Brotherhood-style treatment (remake the whole thing), but really, there's more deserving series. It had it's run, it's one good arc where everything was perfect. The less I watch of Bleach after that the happier I am.
(18-09-2018, 01:25 AM)████ Wrote: One Piece at 1st, Naruto at 3rd, with Bleach down at 10th place. but yeah, your point still stands.

During its run tho it was constantly in the top 3 though wasn't it? Big players were them. I know its waned a lot now since it stopped.