Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Game: Rimworld- Ancestral Ruins
Hi guys,

I thought I'd pitch this to Taco over steam, but I might as well do it here.

What's the coolest thing about Minecraft? If you answered with anything other than some variation of "exploring someone else's server that's been running for ages and finding lots of ruins and hidden things", then you can stop having your government subsidised retard wrangler read this to you here.

There used to be a minecraft thing where you'd make a single-player game, play for a while, then pass the save file off to someone else. Over a few cycles of this, you'd get this cool world full of awesome shit. That was something Minecraft tried to do by default, but didn't quite get right. Rimworld has a similar attempt at generating ruins, but they're just shit-boring rectangles of stone and floor.

So, what if one of us started a save file. Everything randomised. Once a disaster occurs, and the colony falls into death and ruin, we pass it off to the next guy. Using the dev mode, we can instantly spawn in a random wandering pawn (or three), and start over. This time, though, there's already a bit of infrastructure lingering from a colony long since gone. Eventually, (or more likely, after the only other participant's turn), after enough time, the save will come back to you, and you can see the result of many colonies building on top of each other.

I don't see why we couldn't eventually beat the game in this mode.

Anyone want in?
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
If it goes on sale at some point i'll pick it up and give it a go with this mode.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I am not kidding when I say it will literally never go on sale.

Never has, never will. Tynan's on record about this.
(24-09-2018, 10:27 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote:
(24-09-2018, 10:04 AM)Jargonion Wrote: Never has, never will. Tynan's on record about this.
Interesting. Whats their reason? Reckons the price is worth it and would like to sell it at that to make money properly?

How did you quote and reply to this in the wrong thread?

and yeah keen as.
I was playing naked brutality mode(or whatever it is actually called) and kept dying, wandering off with the game unpaused and replaying the map with new randomly generated wanderers who turn up after game over, and then fucking that up again. this sounds more fun than what I was doing
(24-09-2018, 09:59 PM)crispier taco Wrote: How did you quote and reply to this in the wrong thread?

Cause he moved my post as it was off-topic.

Off-topic in a dead forum.

Die by the rules at least.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Ok, I now have enough interest to go forward.

I think it's important, for the ruinsy feel to wait until a random joins after all the colonists die. Question is- do we then spawn in two extra random dudes, or play on super hard mode and have only the one colonist?
(27-11-2018, 05:34 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Question is- do we then spawn in two extra random dudes, or play on super hard mode and have only the one colonist?

can we split the difference and play medium-hard mode with one extra random spawn?
I think that's a neat idea.

Also, as an additional rule, no settling another tile (unless we fail so completely and utterly that we run out of viable resources).

Shall I start a map up tonight?
(03-12-2018, 05:05 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Also, as an additional rule, no settling another tile .
sweet

(03-12-2018, 05:05 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Shall I start a map up tonight?
Tuesday night? (or right now or whatever but I'm going to sleep )