Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Dead Redemption 2
'muh realism' doesn't work when you horse runs into tree, or only some windows can be shot out. I'm not looking for 100% destructible environments, but making windows breakable would make so much sense. And a peach is, like, $3, but dynamite is $1...

The frozen lake's up the top- check the map and look for a lake with what looks like a small island on it. Maximum comfy.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
Aight cool. I have hunting plans or tonight then.

Yeah the compromises made between whats 'muh realism' and not don't make sense. It gets stuck between trying to be a video game and a cowboy sim for what that's worth.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Ok, so I just stole a wagon full of oil, and had to stash it in the bushes somewhere. Then I had to ride alllllll the way back to camp, just to have the jabronie tell me he'll meet me at the wagon. Fuck that noise. Javier then gave me a prompt to rob a house in the middle of nowhere, so I accepted. The game then teleported us out into the wilderness.

WHERE'S THE CONSISTENCY?
Yeah they love to have you riding along on rails so characters can have 10 minute story chats to each other haha. That mission annoyed me too. Once I got the oil wagon there and killed there all the dudes that where chasing me (since even tho you can 'stealth' there just seemed to be no getting the wagon out without commotion) the mission just wouldn't end. I had the wagon parked in the yellowish blob of an area on the map, but no dice. Turns out even tho the rough area was marked on the map, it wanted you parked in the run-down house. Being night time I didn't quite see it, and since horses are a bitch to move it tight spaces I had to restart from last checkpoint as my horses were stuck between some trees with no way of reversing.
I managed to park it next to the house, so I guess it's tough titties there.

I mean, at this stage everyone should know that all rockstar games are just really long travel sequences to allow dialogue, some milquetoast shooting, and then an escape.
Yeah see I was duped. All i ever do in GTA is fuck around, so I didn't know.
Ok, so, in Morrowind you can join the mage's guild in Balmora right at the start of the game. The first quest moves an NPC away from where she stands (a lot of NPCs have static spots to stand unless in combat), letting you steal a really valuable item. You can then fence this item, and either buy some nice gear, or pay a trainer to level some stats giving you a really nice boost through the start of the game.

Last night, I played RDR2 and I finished high-stakes treasure (I had to use a guide....the rock ledge I thought I had to cross kept pushing me off, so I gave up. The guide confirmed that I was taking the right path, but fine controls in the game are janky and made me think it's impossible) maps- fucking awesome quest series. Especially because they only require you to kill one guy, and then it ends with some extremely high value items worth $1500 when sold. I don't see (yet, because there'll be some bullshit restriction) why you can't do this quest right at the start of the game. So, yeah, I'm all rich and happy. I head into Valentine to get some high-end weapons (I could probably buy out most of the catalogue), AND ALL THE GOOD STUFF IS INEXPLICABLY LOCKED.

Fucking hell.

So I sank all the cash into camp. I upgraded the whole thing and had $600 left over- but at least I've now unlocked 'fast travel'. No cheevo for it, either.

Fucking hell.
Yup the weapon thing is bullcrap aye. You can't even buy a sniper until a story mission introduces that they exist. It's the same with any other locked out weapon. It's locked to story progress. BS.

What's this fast travel you speak of? Is it decent?

Funny you mentioned the 'climbing' everything is all pretty to look at but screams 'look but don't touch'. Walk up a slightly steep mountain and Arthur tumbles down it like a newborn child.

I did a treasure map that lead to this big rock face with too long pointy rocks are the end. Theres this little trail its clear you have to follow, but you have to get the jumps exact or he won't auto grab onto the ledges and pull himself up to the next part. I thought I was doing it wrong too.

He also has Geralt's problem where his legs are made of glass and a 2 metre fall with a little bit of roll seems to kill you. Highly annoying and the first thing I did on the Witcher 3 PC was mod out fall damage.
Arthur takes less fall damage the fatter he is, which is neat but seems to opposite of how it should be.
Of all the attention to detail the game has, the seems the most pointless.