Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Dead Redemption 2
Fat Arthur has more health at the expense of stamina, skinny Arthur is the inverse.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
My horse died in a situation I couldn't do anything about, pretty mad.

Was on the way to do a mission on the big city, knocked over a dude by accident, literally 50 witnesses, couldnt stop any of them, cops turn up shooting.

Now I don't mind cops in games or the way GTA does cops but it really grinds my gears in Red Dead. You have the option to surrender, but only right at the start if you are quick. I was already riding away when it happened so as soon as you pass a cop still riding away, the opportunity to surrender is gone.

This triggers them to go all guns blazing on you, and the longer you don't stop/ride away the more the bounty slowly creeps. Doesn't bother me when you are flush, you just gotta outrun the cops and pay off the bounty later. But this is where its annoying, you really have to gun it to out run the infinitely spawning, auto-homing, know where you are at all time, cops. Only once you break the line of sight for long enough while still moving do they eventually call it all off, then you just have a bounty to pay.

But why don't you just surrender I hear you ask. Well when you are mighty flush with cash, you have to give it all up if you surrender. So its easier to try get away from the cops a then pay off a small bounty (maybe) later.

Anyway, what sucked was they were really on my shit in this case and I ran my horse knackered. It was then shot and it collapsed. You then have to revive your horse, I was killed while I was reviving it which sucked. I could have killed all the cops around me first, but that just gives you a giant bounty (I had already killed a few in hopes to out run em easier).

Just sucks because while you are in a shoot out its pretty hard to get your horse up. I did get the revive off on it, but when i died and respawned I guess the game decided my horse died and had me a new shit one.

Tried to reload, but there is only one autosave, which saves on death, and my last manual save was many hours ago. My total bad for the manual save, but why does this game only have one goddam auto save? Christ. Witcher has like 10.

It's not that I was really attached to the horse (tho I kinda was) its more that it takes another 10 hours to get the horse to full companionship which allows you to actually fucking stop properly after going full-tit on the thing.

Also I think im in Cuba now.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Isn't max companionship only lvl 5?
(03-12-2018, 11:47 AM)Jargonion Wrote: Isn't max companionship only lvl 5?

I was mad and venting. I don't know how long it will take to get back to the level which adds an instant stop.

I bought a new fancy fast horse for 1.5k. Only to be shipped off to Cuba, and now that im back it looks like a reset basically. It says my horse is lost.

Goddam.
Instant stop is...lvl 2? EZ PZ.

My first horse died by a train IN A FUCKING CUT SCENE. I got over it pretty fast because I had already learned the game was shitty.
(03-12-2018, 05:45 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I got over it pretty fast because I had already learned the game was shitty.

Haha words of wisdom.

I was gonna play more last night to see if my horse was at a stable or something, but then played Tooth and Tail instead.

AND I got Risk of Rain multiplayer working by port forwarding and hosting my own server. So if you keen we should play.

Great game.
I'm on Chapter 6. This is the last chapter, before the 8 hour epilogue....