Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maddie McCann is a utilitarian's nightmare
11.6 million pounds have been spent on looking for a kid lost in 2007.
Not adjusting for inflation, this money could have been used to restore sight in 888,751 and a half eyes via Fred Hollows foundation (25NZD a pop). Surely Four hundred thousand (probably?) pairs of eyes are more important than finding one definitely dead girl

Daily Mail Australia Wrote:Last month a former detective has revealed he remains 'hopeful' that Madeleine McCann will be found alive in Portugal, where she went missing in 2007.

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar was hired by Kate and Gerry McCann to look into their daughter's disappearance and worked on the case for three years before it was taken over by the Met Police in 2011.

Mr Edgar believes the case is 'solvable' and maintains there are 'people out there who know what happened'.

Last year Mr Edgar claimed the kidnapper was being protected and said the disappearance was 'intricately planned by a gang of paedophiles'.
He once said he believed Madeleine was being held in an underground cell or dungeon, like the victims of Josef Fritzl.

obvious profiteer detective Edgar Wrote:'[Madeleine] could literally be anywhere in the world but my hunch is that she is in Portugal.

'The chance that she may have been smuggled out of the country without being detected is highly unlikely. There is someone in Portugal with an open knowledge of where she is and what happened.'
hahah "yeah she might be in Portugal, please keep me on the pay roll"

So the govt has spent 11.6 mil on the case looking for her?

Because if the parents are spending money for an investigator thats up to them (doubt its 11 mil tho)
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(15-11-2018, 02:18 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote: So the govt has spent 11.6 mil on the case looking for her?

UK government spent that money investigation one crime in a different country. If pro-brexiters are worried that the EU is stealing UK money they may have bigger problems. Although you gotta grant that it was a very high profile case for a long time.

The parents have collected ~GBP 750,000 in public donations, and apparently have ~4 million pounds in savings (I didn't fact check the Daily Mail, but don't know why they know bank details like that), from which they presumably hired this retired detective-turned-private romantic noir conspiracy detective, I'm guessing maybe the UK have done their own investigation alongside I dunno
If you fix fiji eyes then no more population explosion means no more death squad

white clunge matters
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(15-11-2018, 06:36 PM)Jargonion Wrote: white clunge matters
hahahahaa
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps