Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J'argon'ion Plays: Morrowind
[Image: Vire0cw.jpg]
My next quest for Hlaalu takes me to Vivec. There's a merchant who won't buy Hlaalu's imported guar hides, and that makes us sad.

Instead of just teleporting to Vivec, I decide to walk there- especially so I can get some good, low draw distance, foggy shots of the entrance to Vivec.The arrow on the west side of the island is my location (Balmora), the arrow on the south is Vivec.

[Image: ftcEgPQ.jpg]
On the way to Vivec, I run into this plantation. Marshmerrow is an ingredient in health potions, so I harvest all that I can. The guy doesn't mind.

[Image: c6Tpsf3.jpg]
Then I get to Vivec.

Vivec is a settlement comprised of several (7?) buildings called cantons, with waterways in between them.

The cantons are...The foreign quarter (mostly shops, the guilds are there, too), Redoran, The Arena, St. Delyn, and St. Olms. The final canton is....

[Image: OSz2zeQ.jpg]
Located behind this ballin' arch. This area is an enormous library and church. Hanging in the sky is the meteorite that Vivec stopped from crashing into Morrowind. It's currently suspended by Vivec's powers, and is used as a prison. Vivec is the dude on the left statue, I think.

[Image: q5hYkKu.jpg]
And this is the sight from inside the arch. This is Vivec's temple. At the top, through the door, Vivec sits (hovers) in a small chamber. The door is currently locked and trapped, so I think it's best not to disturb him just yet.

So, I intimidate the merchant, and teleport back to Balmora. When I ask for a promotion, I'm told that the person assigning me duties cannot give me any higher of a rank, and that I need to go back to Vivec and get sponsored by a high-ranking house member. At the same time, I find out a fellow Housemate has been murdered. I rush to the guy's house, steal anything of value, and then narrow down the suspect to this guy:

[Image: vwVNb8h.jpg]
I kill that guy.

I go back and get paid for my sleuthing, and get told that there's an ebony mine owned by House Redoran that needs shutting down. The ebony mine is out near the middle of the island, near what's called the ghost fence.

In the middle of Vvardenfell is a volcano- Red Mountain. Inside this mountain is the Heart of Lorkhan. This heart is what gives the Tribunal their power. However, from the mountain comes a foul wind which spreads the blight. The whole area is wasted and diseased. The area is contained by the ghost fence, and you can access the mountain and the area around it through the ghost fence.
[Image: 1WES9xy.jpg]
[Image: 82tn9TE.jpg]
After I killed the head of the ebony mine, I doubled back to visit the ghost gate. On either side of the gate are entrances to a building- the towers of dawn and dusk. I stopped off here to visit this guy:
[Image: NYWt5uj.jpg]
He (and two of his friends in another room) is wearing an almost full set of glass armour, and a daedric helmet. This is exceptionally good and valuable gear (the helmet is unique).

I taunt him into attacking me (It's legal to have the last blow, but not the first), and he promptly stomps my shit in without me scratching him.

In the other room is a merchant.
[Image: So0kFzG.jpg]
This guy has an almost full set of glass armour for sale. I'm not even close to being able to afford it, but he has a lot of it sitting on shelves around the store. I'm currently in the process of save-scumming to steal as much as I can.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(25-11-2018, 01:27 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Hanging in the sky is the meteorite that Vivec stopped from crashing into Morrowind. It's currently suspended by Vivec's powers, and is used as a prison. Vivec is the dude on the left statue, I think.

Can you go to it? Because the idea alone is ballin. What a cool bit of lore.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(26-11-2018, 03:11 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote:
(25-11-2018, 01:27 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Hanging in the sky is the meteorite that Vivec stopped from crashing into Morrowind. It's currently suspended by Vivec's powers, and is used as a prison. Vivec is the dude on the left statue, I think.

Can you go to it? Because the idea alone is ballin. What a cool bit of lore.

Yeah, the main quest has you break in there to deal with someone. 

As an aside (which I think I mentioned earlier), the meteorite (baar dau) eventually hits Vvardenfell after
Show ContentSpoiler:
and causes a lot of issues. One of these is making the Red Mountain erupt, turning the whole island into a volcanic wasteland. The Argonians invade at some point, too.

By the time of Skyrim, Solstheim was gifted to the Dark Elves by the Nords to be used as a refuge, which is neat. The bloodmoon for morrowind takes place in Solstheim, which I think was still Nordic at the time. This means that in Morrowind, you visit a province of Skyrim, and in Skyrim you visit a province of Morrowind (and it's the same place both times!). 

---

So, I broke my copy of morrowind by trying to force the multiple marks and recall mod to work. Once it's fixed, I'll carry on with the story.
Hello,

I wiped my Morrowind save by accident.

Do I restart? Do I finish the story here?
How did you even?
Steam cloud...
So you deleted it there and it deleted it on your PC?
(27-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I wiped my Morrowind save by accident.

fuck

(27-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Do I restart? Do I finish the story here?

restart,
but you will be forgiven for seriously phoning it in/outright cheating until you reach where you were?
I pressed upload, not download...
(29-11-2018, 03:43 PM)crispier taco Wrote:
(27-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I wiped my Morrowind save by accident.

fuck

(27-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Do I restart? Do I finish the story here?

restart,
but you will be forgiven for seriously phoning it in/outright cheating until you reach where you were?

I could cheat pretty heavily to straight up replicate my character as per his last snapshot. I did so few quests I could just autocomplete them using the console.

I was also thinking of doing a new run, but as a war-mage, picking the Telvanni as my House instead. I'd be role playing as though I knew that I was special, more powerful than the rest, but didn't know why.

Which would be best?