Poll: Whos gonna win what?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lars and Jordan fuck it up
18.18%
2 18.18%
Lars and Jordan pull a big W out their ass
0%
0 0%
Jeremy and Ben win
27.27%
3 27.27%
Jeremy and Ben loose
0%
0 0%
Ben wins (other advance wars map)
0%
0 0%
Jeremy wins (other advance wars map)
18.18%
2 18.18%
Jordan wins (other advance wars map)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Lars wins (other advance wars map)
0%
0 0%
Jeremy Wins in 5 turns - Singing Sands
9.09%
1 9.09%
Jeremy Wins in 10 turns- Singing Sands
9.09%
1 9.09%
Jeremy Wins in customer turn range (post in thread)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Other betting condition (post conditon in thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wargroove - place your bets
So Wargroove has been out a month and I've sunk in quite a few hours to it.

I have little complaints (that will be patched out anyway) and its scratching my Advance Wars itch well..

I thought I would make a post with a few battles that are going on for people to place their bets on the winner/s for each map.

I will continue to give some updates through the match but once you've locked in your choice - that's it.

Prizes? No idea. You can be smug about being right and I'll change your name on the forum to "Chief Strategic War General" or some shit and your own group to match.

Anyway, heres 3 games we have going:

[Image: 8tMmvjx.jpg]

This map is called Island X and is a remake/port of the same map from Advance Wars. This is a team game. It's myself and $ilent$sun vs Wumblemuppet and a mate of mine Ben Switch (insert nickname here?).

(notice all these maps are waiting on $ilent$suns turn - a recurring theme) (but not as bad as Mark).

Anyway, we are blue and red team on the right, and the other two are purple and green. Wumblemuppet is using a commander unlocked from the campaign that I am going to cry about being OP cause I want to bitch and don't have that commander yet.

The islands are connected by 1 bridge, and we have a couple ports each and average income. Left side will have 100 more income a turn to purple team.

Verdict: this match could go either way. It's easy to fuck up, but I do have a battleship which is in range of many land units. Wumblemuppet still needs to get his around and in range. Lets see where it goes!

(see poll for bets).

Next map is:

[Image: 9qTuH55.jpg]

The name escapes me right now but this is also an Advance Wars remake by me.

This is not a team game, and is just your standard FFA. I'm blue, womblemuppet purple, Ben Switch green $ilent$sun red.

Should be a good game. To early to say who's gonna do what really. Gonna be a bit of a fight over the middle (no duh).

And finally the third map:

[Image: J5wSI4x.jpg]

Now in this map it's already gone to shit. Womblemuppet is orange and was pretty uncontested when it came to claiming the middle. He only had to kill a couple of dogs while the rest of us got trolled by wagons. So the better betting condition for this map is how many turns until Womblemuppet wins I guess. I'm light blue, Ben green, $illent$sun black.

The map name is Singing Sands and is a map from the game itself, no Advance Wars port this time.

GO VOTE ON THE POLLS
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
how many turns does a game often take? How often do people resign when they've lost hope of winning? Or can games tend to finish pretty quickly once there's a big power difference?
Really depends on the map I think.

10 turns to really get it going. Then between 20-30 for your average game I reckon. Longer for bigger maps for sure.

We are all pretty good sports so far and don't quit games. The only time people have quit is when the odds have greatly turned against them quickly (e.g. another player getting knocked out and all his buildings becoming free game for the nearest player) or if you know its over in the next couple of turns you can end it to save some time.

Once there is a big power shift it can ramp up more quickly. But I've seen games where the other player makes a comeback too.
(04-03-2019, 02:26 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote: We are all pretty good sports so far and don't quit games.

I see you've grown up from your pokemon days.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(04-03-2019, 05:43 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I see you've grown up from your pokemon days.

I know right? Fuck being a 12 year old.
So the new and brilliant patch came out but it also killed all active online games for everyone.

So all bets out the window, i'll make a new thread soon.

For what it was worth, I lost on Island X which oh boy was a fucking salty about that. Womblemuppet defs won singing sands. And all the other games where too early which sucked.

But easy as to make games so we back up again.