Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEIRD SHIT GOING ON IN TOP
Geoff Simmonds appears to be seizing all checks and balances to have total control over the party, board members are sending out emails calling him out on lies and manipulations this is some (potentially) wild shit
Selected tidbits from a long email to TOP members:
Donna Pokere-Phillips Wrote:It gives me no comfit to send out this email but it is in response to Geoff Simmons Blog dated May 4, 2019.

As Board members, both Matt Isbister and I have been trying to resolve a number of ongoing issues which we inherited.

It was obvious from the beginning that some of the issues were systemic and that particular members rather than the Board, were running the Party.

To regain Board sovereignty, Board protocols and practices had to be established, because it was obvious that many decisions were being made in an ad-hoc manner at an operational level and not at a Board and strategic level.

I was elected by our members in November 2018, due to the lack of follow through I was not officially a Board member until late February 2019.

Geoff has total control over the Party; he is Leader, Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Policy Committee and a paid General Manager/Leader.

Contrary to his ‘Radical Transparency’ pitch, Geoff informed the membership in his blog his salary has never been above $5,000 per month.

This statement is contrary to the facts, because of privacy matters I can not be specific but I am aware payments are substantially higher than he has stated.

It is my understanding that we have never passed a motion to continue to pay Geoff after March. This reinforces the Conflict of Interest that he holds at all levels.

These actions are also contrary to Geoff’s pitch regarding ‘Radical Transparency’ and we need to be cautious moving forward to protect the financial security and integrity of TOP.

Even though we have a small buffer in residual funds, there are months where we have technically been operating insolvent where our liabilities were greater than our income.

The will of the Board has been undermined by particular members who have personal agendas. This has a domino affect when trying to recruit and maintain good Board members.

It is becoming obvious to me there is more at play here, where I believe TOP2 is converging with Civic2.

As a Board member I have witnessed bullying behaviour from particular members who hold pivotal roles within TOP. What is more disturbing is how the Leadership has condoned certain behaviour which has made my job as a Board member very difficult and is contrary to Geoff’s blog that “bullying is not acceptable in any form”.

I find it extraordinary that the Leadership of the Party was complicit with volunteers bullying Board members, justified the leaking of sensitive Board information, and condoned and supported a Board administrator attempting to slander the reputation of a Board member.

let's see if this party explodes
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
here's the facebook group where it all started

[Image: AO16Cxi.png]

also, Geoff's blog about this on the TOP site
So his blog post reads that he gets paid 60k a year "similar to a teachers earnings" and that the party's donations and operating costs are enough that the party i financially stable and can pay him. This was all communicated by email to all party members last year.

So whats the goss here? Other party members reckon he has too much control over the party and all it's money? If what he said is the truth, he's hardy rolling in it and living the high life. Looks like a bit of tiff internally.

"Naturally I would rather spend my time critiquing Government policy or communicating our own best practice, evidence informed ideas, but here we are. "

N A T U R A L L Y
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(07-05-2019, 09:10 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: So whats the goss here?
Yeah it looks like he's preventing members to use the powers they've been voted in to use, and obscuring details from them, while collecting a paycheck (apparently higher than his stated 60k) despite there not being enough money for that.

apparently also bullying members to fall into line

many of these claims are disputed but at the leadership debate I gotta say that Donna had the clearest policy and government process knowledge, picking apart clumsy questions by the interviewer before giving the best good faith responses. She and other upset people have been working their arses off for free to collect in donations and so it must be crushing to see a leader collect all that hard work as his paycheck while the party stagnates (Geoff has also apparently shared the view that the party is doomed which is not encouraging)

especially rough compared to Gareth who did the opposite, with his main method of controlling the party being his innate grumpiness, not collecting a paycheck (and infact bankrolling the whole party costing him millions)
Well. NZ politics aye. Much fun.

How long before TOP is dead?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
the party was doomed though? if you don't get a hold of voters in your first year it's probably all down-hill. All these young impressionables won't want to throw their vote away again.
(07-05-2019, 09:49 PM)new_username Wrote: the party was doomed though? if you don't get a hold of voters in your first year it's probably all down-hill. All these young impressionables won't want to throw their vote away again.
It's a shame because Labour's doing such a bad job of it, you'd think that this would be the opportunity to curry up some outrage at politics by working group
(08-05-2019, 10:17 AM)crispier taco Wrote: It's a shame because Labour's doing such a bad job of it, you'd think that this would be the opportunity to curry up some outrage at politics by working group

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
hahahahah