Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aoe2 definitive
Aight it's more than i thought. It looks good. Am keen.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
This looks a lot like this game I already own, age of empires 2
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
but its in 4k, a resolution you'll never support and you can zoom now.

Also the graphics are "newer"

Only way im getting this is through a Steam sale.
okay so it's purely the second aesthetic reboot?
zoooooom. you can zooooom
(12-06-2019, 07:11 PM)new_username Wrote: zoooooom. you can zooooom

I mean, how many hours without it? Is it gonna be worth the money all over again? Better not be more than $30.

"Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations."
it's true that there is a sizeable active aoeii community, and sure many will buy the game , but I can't see the communities shifting over, at least not voobly

hurry up and make a game that hasn't already been made and remade already

who gives a shit about the new soundtrack
who gives a shit about graphics
(12-06-2019, 09:42 PM)taco Wrote: hurry up and make a game that hasn't already been made and remade already

This is what i was saying. Instead of making a new quality RTS everyone is just selling what previously was loved and worked. RTS is dead. We gotta accept it of stop buying remasters.
why would the voobly community not move over? we don't know what mod features this will have, potentially you can do everything you can on voobly but with different graphics, updated networking, a cleaned up menu etc. I feel this is necessary if they want to do anything new with aoe4. fans would always hold a 20 year old game over them, as we have. now microsoft can say 'we made you your stinking aoe2, please give our next game a chance ffs'.