Poll: dead forum
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
assertive yes
75.00%
3 75.00%
reluctant yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aoe2 DE scenario editor with AI scripts - challenging myself
currently on a caffeine binge and decided to look at the AOE2 DE map editor (it's pretty nostalgic). after a bit of googling I decided I'm going to make use of AI scripting to make some cool maps, hopefully we can try them out when they're done.
I'm going to start with a KOTH map where players can only create a certain type of unique unit, and the player with the monument can pay (an increasing) amount of gold to change each player's type of unique unit.

I'm hoping this is possible, going to go make a prototype. There's a bunch of hurdles like instantly changing all units to another type that idk if it's feasible.
As references I found these to be helpful so far:

AI scripting:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=26,29,,30
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1238296169

other cool things at:
http://aok.heavengames.com/university/design/

I have work the next three days but hopefully I'm not tired enough to get this done quick, lets see.
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/sh...ileid=6644

another really useful one I found, this is how I'll do random numbers. It'll be a slog adding all of these triggers with such an old UI hahaaaaaa.
UPDATE 3AM:

ok so after a few stupid hurdles I have random numbers working. The AI picks a number 1-3 and all civilian units become capped rams, elite eagle warriors or bombard cannons based on that number.
things to remember:
1-Haven't tested if you can garrison to skip the effect
2-Need to make trigger constantly looping for each player, or trigger when any unit is made
3-Need to make sure it works for military classification (should do if 'civilian' works)
4-Need to check it works for the whole map and can do lots of units without a cap or lagging

So the AI will take one slot, leaving 7 player slots. We can't randomize the map if it's a scenario, but we can randomize player locations using triggers and maybe relics and golds a bit or something, would be pretty tedious I think.
There's 35 unique units and 7 players. Using the (horrible) 'goal' system with the AI, you can set up lots of custom variables, but we're limited by the AI signal system which is hard stuck at 255 signals. 35*7 = 245, luckily leaving 10 extra signals for other things. One of those variable slots will be the gold price of the tech on the monument to trigger it all, and that will go up every time you click it.

fuckkkk I'm not tired at all

I'll brainstorm the most fun way to do it at work, but atm the map works like this:

you can make production buildings like usual, but all units on spawn will turn into your randomly selected unique unit.
so a barracks can spawn militia and spearmen, but they will all become say elite war wagons on spawn.
I guess the price for all units should be set to the same resource amount and same production speed to make it easier. Or just disable all units but militia.
Trebs will be necessary to stop turtlers. Actually all siege would be. Maybe only all barracks units (or militia) spawn into unique units, leaving up siege and archers etc. It'd be great if the uu's could be split into archer cav and melee which each player has a random 3 of and are made out of that building! Though less funny than seeing magudai turn into karambits or something retarded mid-fight.
just remembered there's a chance trigger now, meaning I probably don't have to use AI scripts at all! just after I got it working..
if that's possible, it does mean we can do a proper 8p map which is nice
other ideas:

switcheroo: hideout with university techs becoming buttons that switch your entire base with any other base (and there's a bombard feature which explodes a city after a timer)
papal conclave: after 15 mins, all monks die and are disabled and the person with the most conversions gets a single pope-monk with exploding properties and huge range, which all players can see. when that unit dies, monks are re-enabled and a 5 minute timer starts for the next pope spawn
Photo 
as far as I got with AI scripts

[Image: EamUeZw.png]
sounds like this AI stuff would be super powerful, definitely keen to have a play around with it

(06-02-2020, 02:54 AM)womblemuppet Wrote: papal conclave: after 15 mins, all monks die and are disabled and the person with the most conversions gets a single pope-monk with exploding properties and huge range, which all players can see. when that unit dies, monks are re-enabled and a 5 minute timer starts for the next pope spawn

this sounds incredible I am super on-board
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
I will buy this game soon to test any of your maps you gonna make with this.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(10-02-2020, 07:31 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: I will buy this game soon to test any of your maps you gonna make with this.

awesome!

benswitch, switch on over to Age of Empires too Definitive Edition, TM
[Image: JazGXPG.png]