Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game of Thrones [Jesus Christ Spoilers Everywhere]
I get that the faith militant came out of nowhere, but it just seems like the faith militant came out of nowhere...

Like, their backstory is explained, their rise to power made completely justifiable by Cersei, and hey the writers even chucked in lancel as a main character because everyone's met him before. and I still feel like they've just been thrown in just so something happens. Oh well, tyrion+jbear+dany going to be the best next episode.

3 eps left? one by tradition has to be an hour long fight so that'll be stannis vs boltons. that leaves this next one to show the fighting pits, and the last one to have some crazy twist while tying up the loose ends.
(31-05-2015, 06:35 PM)████ Wrote: I get that the faith militant came out of nowhere, but it just seems like the faith militant came out of nowhere...

Like, their backstory is explained, their rise to power made completely justifiable by Cersei, and hey the writers even chucked in lancel as a main character because everyone's met him before. and I still feel like they've just been thrown in just so something happens. Oh well, tyrion+jbear+dany going to be the best next episode.

3 eps left? one by tradition has to be an hour long fight so that'll be stannis vs boltons. that leaves this next one to show the fighting pits, and the last one to have some crazy twist while tying up the loose ends.

The show has shuffled/omitted so many characters and plots that I don't think it's even possible for the show to reach the same spot as the book anymore. In addition, hints to hidden plot directions in the book seem to be completely ignored, so that fan theories that are plausible in the books are not even relevant... and now we're plunging into book spoiler territory and I'm so scared. 

Plus Jamie and Bronn. So disappointed. How is Jamie gonna resolve the siege of Tully now, that was by far his finest hour....

I don't think I remember the faith of the seven being explicitly against homosexuality either (in the book).
Wow, best episode of the season without a doubt in my mind.
  • Mereen - Awesome extended dialogue between Tyrion and Dany. Really looking forward to seeing them interact more. Well Jorah is tenacious at least...
  • King's Landing - Cersei being expectantly stubborn, she really looks beaten down. Tommen locked away in his room listening to Linkin Park.
  • Braavos - Yay, Cat of the Canals! Plus her first assignment, wonder when Meryn Trant is going to turn up in Braavos with Mace.
  • Winterfell - Sansa is pissed at Reek, she seems like a different person now. Hoping she does something in the last two episodes. Plus she found out Bran and Rickon are still alive, loved her acting when she found out (That shot of their silhouettes was well done).  Alfie Allen was amazing as always.
  • Hardhome - Oh my god, better than I could have ever imagined, just going to list of some of the things I liked: Tormund killing Rattleshirt with his own stick (Har!), Jon really coming into his role as a leader (Kit Harrington has improved hugely this season), Wildling Woman with the two girls (she was always doomed after she put her kids on the boat, but she was a really strong character), Wan Wan the giant!, Amazing special effects on all of the white walkers (in particular those children, creepy as fuck!), and finally the use of silence in the last 1-2 minutes as the rowboat left. There is so much more I loved about this sequence but I'll leave it at that. By far my favorite set-piece this season
(02-06-2015, 11:02 AM)Pythagean Wrote: Wow, best episode of the season without a doubt in my mind.
  • Mereen - Awesome extended dialogue between Tyrion and Dany. Really looking forward to seeing them interact more. Well Jorah is tenacious at least...
  • King's Landing - Cersei being expectantly stubborn, she really looks beaten down. Tommen locked away in his room listening to Linkin Park.
  • Braavos - Yay, Cat of the Canals! Plus her first assignment, wonder when Meryn Trant is going to turn up in Braavos with Mace.
  • Winterfell - Sansa is pissed at Reek, she seems like a different person now. Hoping she does something in the last two episodes. Plus she found out Bran and Rickon are still alive, loved her acting when she found out (That shot of their silhouettes was well done).  Alfie Allen was amazing as always.
  • Hardhome - Oh my god, better than I could have ever imagined, just going to list of some of the things I liked: Tormund killing Rattleshirt with his own stick (Har!), Jon really coming into his role as a leader (Kit Harrington has improved hugely this season), Wildling Woman with the two girls (she was always doomed after she put her kids on the boat, but she was a really strong character), Wan Wan the giant!, Amazing special effects on all of the white walkers (in particular those children, creepy as fuck!), and finally the use of silence in the last 1-2 minutes as the rowboat left. There is so much more I loved about this sequence but I'll leave it at that. By far my favorite set-piece this season

Jon may have come into his own as a leader, but my lord he says the stupidest things. He has less tact than a giant.

"We're allies." Way to throw Tormund under the bus (horse?).

"I put an arrow through his heart." Jesus Jon, I get that you inherent your blunt honesty from your father, but you're a leader in a dangerous world. Do you perhaps want to think about what you say before you say it? Or you will die like Ned did. Tormund had to dig him out again by mentioning that, oh yeah, it was a mercy killing.

Tormund is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. That scene where Tha Boiz (Jon, Edd, Tormund and Wan Wan) are running to the boats, and then staring back in the beach in fear, was one of the best in the entire series.
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
he totally cut a zomb in half tho
so that's cool
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
(02-06-2015, 12:49 PM)Selegraphon Wrote: "I put an arrow through his heart." Jesus Jon, I get that you inherent your blunt honesty from your father, but you're a leader in a dangerous world. Do you perhaps want to think about what you say before you say it? Or you will die like Ned did. Tormund had to dig him out again by mentioning that, oh yeah, it was a mercy killing.

I did think that during the episode too, probably not the best way to word that when surrounded by Wildlings.

I agree completely about Tormund, he is a great character to have in the show. Plus that beard is magnificent.
well that was traumatic.
(08-06-2015, 10:11 PM)████ Wrote: well that was traumatic.

Yuuup.....
My Hypothesis: Bran will eventually warg his way into into a dragon and kill a bunch of White Walkers.
Good to see Cersei landed on her feet, with Qyburn and Robert Strong to look after her interests (murdering septas I guess). Looking forward to that, and seeing how well her uncle takes care of the place. Trial by combat next season I guess...

Fucking Dany dropping a ring in the grass like Jorah and Daario will just find it there, I bet they will too because the Dothraki sea is only about the size of fucking Ukraine.

I enjoyed Selyse's suicide, didn't see that coming, I guess disillusioned and obviously still alive Stannis can play a Oedipus (Rex) role or something... hang out and be sarcastic with the Hound or something, he and Brienne can take turns at being mean to Pod while rescuing Theon, or something.

Almost thought Sansa was going to suicide too but I guess that would've ruined too many storylines, mangled as they are already. I hope Sam gets killed by Boltons/Wolves/Bandits/Brienne/His Dad on the way to Oldtown.