Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Competition

Welcome to TVGF's first Pokemon Tournament!

We will be using Pokemon Showdown as our battle simulator as its both free and available to anyone who has a PC.

The beginners guide to Pokemon Showdown:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/viewto...p?f=2&t=76

List of Competitors:

1) Kayos
2) Pixiebad (friend of Kayos)
3) Greygoat (Greyghost)
4) Selegraphon
5) Pythagean
6) JovialParoxysm
7) Shobblez
8) God (Selegraphon's flatmate)
9) blahpy
10) RoxasArcanum
11) fresher taco
12) Spaghetti_Cartwheels
13) Zac (Selegraphon's friend)

Time and Date:

The Tournament shall commence at 9am NZST (UTC/GMT +12), 16/08/14.

Each round will be concluded within 48 hours.

First Round - 16/08/14 - 17/08/2014
  • 4. Selegraphon vs. 9. blahpy
  • 3. Greyghost vs. 11. fresher taco
  • 8. God vs. 12. Spaghetti_Cartwheels
  • 1. Kayos vs. 7. Shobblez
  • 10. RoxasArcanum [BYE]
  • 2. Pixiebad [BYE]
  • 6. JovialParoxysm [BYE]
  • 13. Zac [BYE]

Results of First Round:

Second Round - 19/08/14 - 20/08/2014

Results of Second Round:

Third Round - 22/08/14 - 23/08/2014

Results of Third Round:

FINAL ROUND - 26/8/2014 - 27/8/2014

FOR FIRST AND SECOND PLACE:
RoxasArcanum vs Shobblez

FOR THIRD PLACE:
Spaghetti_Cartwheels vs blahpy

Rules:

We will be using VGC 2014 rules.

You can choose Pokemon from the following 3 Pokedex's (Link)
  • Central Kalos (1 -> 150)
  • Coastal Kalos (1 - 153)
  • Mountain Kalos (1 -> 147)

General VGC Rules:
  • Every move has to be learn't from the Kalos region.
  • No two Pokémon can hold the same item.
  • You choose 6 Pokemon to make up your team.
  • Before you battle you can view your opponents team, and choose 4 Pokemon to use in the battle.
  • Teams cannot be changed AT ALL between rounds.
  • Pokemon are capped at level 50.
  • The official rules mean you send out two Pokemon at a time to fight double battles.
  • It is best of 3 battles, so as soon as one player wins 2 battles they win the match.

Rule resources:
Format
Simplified VGC Rules
Offical VGC 2014 rules book
Link to Bulbanews resource site for rules

Conditions of each Battle:
  • You have 48 hours starting this weekend (Saturday 15/8/2014 - Sunday 16/8/2014) to contact your opponent either through this thread, the forums private message system or the Facebook group.
  • Arrange a time to battle, and remember it's the best of 3 rounds.
  • If you wish to have a practice round or two against your opponent before having the deciding match, then this is up to the both of you to agree on/sort out (optional of course).

Please:
  • Post the arranged time of you battle in this thread and optional on the Facebook group. This way other forum members can spectate the battle if they wish.
  • Once the battle has commenced, please also posts the out come of the battle here so all results can be updated.
  • Link the replay of your battle in this thread.

Prizes

THERE SHALL BE SPOILS FOR THE VICTORS:
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • BioShock
  • Dead Space
  • Thief Gold
  • Velocity Ultra
  • The Fall
  • Fez
  • Little Inferno
  • Super Hexagon

1st place:
Gets to pick 3 games

2nd place:
Gets to pick 2 games

3rd place:
1 game for you

There will be spot prizes!
2 games will be given away for spot prizes.

My flatmate would be. And I know several more people who would be (including me!) if it were on something like Pokémon Showdown, etc.

Just a thought haha.

I don't have a 3/2DS but I would be up for a competition using Pokemon Showdown

(16-07-2014, 04:23 PM)pythagean Wrote: I don't have a 3/2DS but I would be up for a competition using Pokemon Showdown

Pokemon Showdown could be fun if enough people were keen.

Im pretty sure VisualBoyAdvance has an online mod at this stage. I have half decent-ish saves on various Pokemon games for that.

I might at some point be getting a 2DS depending on how these Ruby/Sapphire remakes progress.

I'm open to showdown - I just downloaded it now - and you can play by VGC 2014 rules which is what I was going to make for rules anyway.

If we get enough interest, I was planning to do it on a weekend in August if I can get the weekend off work

Also added a "who is interested" in my first post - just for me to track interest ^-^
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?

(16-07-2014, 06:05 PM)Kayos Wrote: I'm open to showdown - I just downloaded it now - and you can play by VGC 2014 rules which is what I was going to make for rules anyway.

So what are the VGC 2014 rules? I haven't done any competitive battling since 4th Gen!

(16-07-2014, 11:05 PM)Selegraphon Wrote:
(16-07-2014, 06:05 PM)Kayos Wrote: I'm open to showdown - I just downloaded it now - and you can play by VGC 2014 rules which is what I was going to make for rules anyway.

So what are the VGC 2014 rules? I haven't done any competitive battling since 4th Gen!

Pokémon must be able to be caught in the Kalos region (banned pokemon are Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, Mewtwo), Pokémon can't have attacks from the move tutor (unless it can be passed on in an egg move e.g. gardevoir can't have hyper voice, but breloom could have drain punch), pokemon are set to level 50, it is double battle format, 2 of the same item can't be held (example if you have leftovers on pokemon A, pokemon B, C, D, E, F can't hold leftovers) - I think that is all of them :o
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?

(16-07-2014, 11:09 PM)Kayos Wrote:

Pokémon must be able to be caught in the Kalos region (banned pokemon are Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, Mewtwo), Pokémon can't have attacks from the move tutor (unless it can be passed on in an egg move e.g. gardevoir can't have hyper voice, but breloom could have drain punch), pokemon are set to level 50, it is double battle format, 2 of the same item can't be held (example if you have leftovers on pokemon A, pokemon B, C, D, E, F can't hold leftovers) - I think that is all of them :o

Hmm sounds good. Everyone keen for this? Could make it a competition for real?

Selegraphon, spread the word on TVGF Facebook group to find some more interest if you please :D

(17-07-2014, 08:34 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote: Hmm sounds good. Everyone keen for this? Could make it a competition for real?

Selegraphon, spread the word on TVGF Facebook group to find some more interest if you please :D

Sweet, ideas for the style of the competition? Obviously going to depend on how many people we get, could do a round robin or we could do a knockout style bracket.

Also, found these documents on the rules:
Format
Rules

(17-07-2014, 08:34 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote:

We need about 3 more people at this stage (at the least) if we can get at least 8 people - we can start with best 2/3 games takes the win - if we can hit 16 interests first round would be single win, wins - So what are the VGC 2014 rules? I haven't done any competitive battling since 4th Gen!

We need at least 3 more people at this stage :o if we get more, and we get to a point where there is an uneven number of players - I can use a random number generator to decide who will have to do an extra game when / if it comes to that too :o

(17-07-2014, 08:49 AM)pythagean Wrote:
(17-07-2014, 08:34 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote:

Sweet, ideas for the style of the competition? Obviously going to depend on how many people we get, could do a round robin or we could do a knockout style bracket.

I think I was going to do knock out style - once we get to the top 8 (or if we manage to start with 8 people) games would become best 2 / 3 matches (sine battles don't usually take too long) but if we had a lot more than 8, it would be 1 win moves on until we get to that point :o but I am open to suggestions :D