Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who hasn't played Nuclear Throne yet?

(29-10-2014, 09:44 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote: It may be incredibly strange, but the odds of running into Big Bandit on 1_1 may be extremely low. May be how they balance it out.

Interesting bonus level none the less!

After about a good hour of attempting to figure it out myself, I gave up and checked the wiki. There's a specific way to trigger the early big bandit, and you have to kill him very quickly to initiate the secret level. I expect they've put it in as a speed-run mechanism, where you can skip 2 levels, the tradeoff is facing the bigdog at level2 with starting weapons (that first time all I had was my chicken sword and I was fucked) but if you combine that with golden weapons it's a lot more feasible. I played Eyes with golden greander and it was fine.

gotta love gamemaker

although my games always had FATAL ERRORs, they never amounted to anything half as beautiful as Nuclear Throne

Hey so I won the game guys (and it only took me far too fucking long)
except not really because when you 'win' the game you loop back to the start and it's all mad and chaotic.

When you 'win' you get to choose one of two 'super mutations' which is sort of a work in progress I think.

anyway. don't look if you don't want a looped level spoiled
I know there's an actual way to hide images as 'spoilers' but I'm gambling our admin's gonna see this before anyone else and fix it for me (thanks ghost)

(18-01-2015, 10:25 PM)fresher taco Wrote: I know there's an actual way to hide images as 'spoilers' but I'm gambling our admin's gonna see this before anyone else and fix it for me (thanks ghost)

Read this:
http://thevideogameforum.com/showthread.php?tid=9

To learn this:
Code:
[spoiler]*shit goes here*[/spoiler]

Awesome you finally finished/won the game! I have not played in some time, and hopefully the game is close to completion as i really want it on PS4/Vita.

the game is not so hard that it should take 200 hours to get to the end, I've just been a real slow learner and done a lot of below-par playing. You gotta have your game face on and all.

Plant also makes it easier with his special effectively halving boss HP, although I often forget how powerful that is. Thanks PEAR for putting it in my subconscious.

Have they stopped wiping progress every patch yet?

(19-01-2015, 04:38 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Have they stopped wiping progress every patch yet?

nope. although there's only one character that is very difficult to unlock, once you've made it the 5th level (3_1) you've probably got them all minus one. I believe in you Jar. whats your current progress?

I played a while back, was irritated by constant save wiping (on principle, not because I had much going for me), put it down until they reach a more finished product.

(19-01-2015, 10:32 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I played a while back, was irritated by constant save wiping (on principle, not because I had much going for me), put it down until they reach a more finished product.

well I can't argue with principle, but I can say that the game as it is, I can get fulfillment from it.

I did the daily run today and made it to level 7_3 (last level before looping)

and there were 60 people better than me (normally I do much worse and there are about 600 better). There will probably more by the time I check again.
There's a fair few very good players. I've read people claim seven loops... although I never watch their attempts in case I spoil something for myself.

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is

(19-01-2015, 11:29 PM)fresher taco Wrote: I'm not sure what the moral of the story is

That you are pretty good and enjoy playing the game?

I didn't know they had added a daily challenge. That's very cool. Love the Spelunky daily challenge, its a way to keep playing fresh while adding a bit of competition.