Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Excerpt of THE WINDS OF WINTER

Exciting times! We're on Cape Wrath, the Martell hier is treating with the Golden Company.

A fun little aside about the Children of the Forest, and one of the serjeants we are introduced to of the Golden Company is a crannogman (I think, from the neck, same ethnicity as the Reeds) which is interesting. Maybe it's Howland Reed? absolutely unlikely but hey, who knows in this crazy crazy universe.

Just in case book readers are not aware, GRRM has released several chapters from the upcoming The Winds Of Winter. We've had so far:
Barristan Selmy I
Tyrion I
Mercy
Theon Greyjoy/Reek 
Arianne Martell I
and now! Arianne Martell II!

This release might coincide with the show deciding to remove the Martells (and all book related Dornish content) from the show. Silver linings to be found in the entrails of a plot so butchered~

Does anyone here read the books? If so, check it out:
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-fr...of-winter/

He's a fucking idiot.

(12-05-2016, 02:47 PM)Jargonion Wrote: He's a fucking idiot.

they're like teasers for his book as if it were a film or something. He also is constantly hounded by ungrateful ASOIAF fans who want him to hurry up and finish his books, so this gives them just a little something to keep them mean and vicious

(12-05-2016, 06:08 PM)crispier taco Wrote:

they're like teasers for his book as if it were a film or something. He also is constantly hounded by ungrateful ASOIAF fans who want him to hurry up and finish his books, so this gives them just a little something to keep them mean and vicious

Yeah that answered my question of why release the chapters.

crispier taco Wrote:This release might coincide with the show deciding to remove the Martells (and all book related Dornish content) from the show. Silver linings to be found in the entrails of a plot so butchered~

So is the show affecting how he is writing the books now? Is that what you mean by this?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

(12-05-2016, 06:29 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 06:08 PM)crispier taco Wrote:

Yeah that answered my question of why release the chapters.

crispier taco Wrote:This release might coincide with the show deciding to remove the Martells (and all book related Dornish content) from the show. Silver linings to be found in the entrails of a plot so butchered~

So is the show affecting how he is writing the books now? Is that what you mean by this?

This season of Game of Thrones, they killed off the Martells which had a real savvy set of schemes going on. One involved sending one character to Meereen to hang with Dany and another involved another character attempting to declare Myrcella as Queen (because of different succession laws in Dorne), and the Prince of Dorne Doran+Oberyn Martell seemed to have a greater, much more intelligent scheme going on as well. But it was all too complex so the show axed it. 

The relevance is that, these book excerpts seem to come out in line with the show cutting off important plot points. We have book excerpts on Barristan (who is dead in the show) Mercy (aka Sansa who is way off plot in the show) Theon (who is equally far off plot) and Arianne (who never even existed in the show). 

It might be a way of GRRM reminding the book fans that these plots are still alive, it might be because he didn't want to step on the toes of the show writers, iunno