Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, I like tea too, bird tea (chicken broth).

Yes, I like tea too, bird tea (chicken broth).

(19-10-2016, 12:02 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Yes, I like tea too, bird tea (chicken broth).

How do you prepare your bird tea?

Last decent bird tea I had was from the oven bag of the chicken that I ovened.

I've gotta tell you, and will say, that, the greatest, and I do mean greatest, bird tea I have ever prepared was the greatest bird tea I had ever prepared. I know a lot of you, like me, waste time with the traditional methods. Don't. Don't feel bad about it. Traditional methods are good, they're good and they're traditional, and it's a method that will give you the weak, gruelish tea that we all consider bird tea. To shoot straight with you, putting that frame into a small pot with carrot and celery, and a whole bunch of garlic is handy if you want that weak tea, but you've hit the nail on the head with your observations that the best bird tea comes from deglazing a bird bake.

(20-10-2016, 07:24 AM)Jargonion Wrote: I've gotta tell you, and will say, that, the greatest, and I do mean greatest, bird tea I have ever prepared was the greatest bird tea I had ever prepared. I know a lot of you, like me, waste time with the traditional methods. Don't. Don't feel bad about it. Traditional methods are good, they're good and they're traditional, and it's a method that will give you the weak, gruelish tea that we all consider bird tea. To shoot straight with you, putting that frame into a small pot with carrot and celery, and a whole bunch of garlic is handy if you want that weak tea, but you've hit the nail on the head with your observations that the best bird tea comes from deglazing a bird bake.

Is there anything to be said for the cost of a whole chicken compared to chicken frames? Financially, the chicken to chicken frame ration must be 1:12 or similar. If one gets a volume of chicken frames financially similar to the cost of a single (whole) chicken, would one be able to generate a comparable bird tea?
Love-food-crazy-rabbit-emoticon  drink coffee, repress your immutable nihilism  Up-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

A frame's, like, $1 at most.

(01-11-2016, 06:29 PM)Jargonion Wrote: A frame's, like, $1 at most.

so could the tea distilled from 8 frames compare to the tea of 1 whole chicken?
Love-food-crazy-rabbit-emoticon  drink coffee, repress your immutable nihilism  Up-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

Sometimes I see them selling packs of two frames for ~$1.

Let's say we get 1 f/$.

For $8, we get 8 frames. Each frame can be pan fried first, browning the remaining meat and rendering any fat. This is time consuming, but I think it would lend to a richer, more intense tea.

Could this be the choice of the bird tea aficionado?

(01-11-2016, 06:39 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Sometimes I see them selling packs of two frames for ~$1.

Let's say we get 1 f/$.

For $8, we get 8 frames. Each frame can be pan fried first, browning the remaining meat and rendering any fat. This is time consuming, but I think it would lend to a richer, more intense tea.

Could this be the choice of the bird tea aficionado?

Perhaps we should produce both in a controlled environment, with double-blind testing and the addition of a placebo

We'll have to make a palate cleanser first, so as to not have the first tea aftertaste in any way change the taste of the second tea.

We'll have to design and double-blind test it first, though.

I grant it's not even halfway close to appropriate to call this anything approaching a genuine bird tea,

but the scent on this $2.99-for-4 cup a chicken noodle soup is entirely convincing. If you were served it blind, you'd be fooled right up until it touched your tongue (or you noticed the noodles).