Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopath Traveller? More like...
...Octopath 'huh this is a pretty dam decent game'.

Who here has a Switch? Trick ques-FALSE QUESTION BRA. No one except me is has one I think.

Pretty fucking good game tho. It's basically a nice modern version of old school JRPG's from the early Final Fantasy era. Pretty reminiscent of FFV and FFVI. The game is brand new IP from  the Bravely Default team who made games you only now just heard about from this sentence for the 3DS that are apparently really good for the same reason as this now tiny paragraph.

Anyway, the games good like I said and have now said typed again. Got some HD pixel art going on which is code for we made the game in Unreal Engine then slapped a nice pixel art aesthetic over top of everything. Blow me down I have no problem with this and it looks really dam good. This is also a Nintendo Switch exclusive btw just in case you want it anywhere else.

So it's called Octopath Traveler right. But what could that mean? Well Octopath is clearly some sort of play on words to do with the number eight or Octopuses? So immediately you are like 'well shit this is Japan we are talking about, I've seen what they do with Octopuses' [1]  But then you'll see the word TRAVELER. Which clearly means there are 8 characters in this game and they all have their own little fun stories and you walk around adding them to your party as you come across em.

But yeah gameplay its a classic turn based JRPG with like an awesome job system and 8 characters each a unique class. Each character has a cool skill you can use in towns and shit. I like this because Olberic's skill (hes a tank ass knight), is to challenge anyone in town to a duel for extra EXP. Which is funny because after his opening chapter the old town master was like we are forever in debt to you please be safe on your journey then after his chatter I immediately challenged him to a duel and WHIPPED HIS OLD FUCKING ASS and left him unconscious in the middle of the street. 10/10.

Anyway enjoy some pretty screenshots:

[Image: ovhoi7Z.jpg]

[Image: FMjqLug.jpg]

[Image: CnY0K1x.jpg]

[Image: 66d7vLQ.jpg]

[1] See: Hentai
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
OH my that is so radical. now lets play Left for Dead
this looks pretty cool tbh.
(07-08-2018, 09:11 PM)████ Wrote: this looks pretty cool tbh.

It is pretty cool tbh
Look leiks a kool gaym bay

dunkey and admin, my two favourite reviewers, both did a review!
Yeah he didn't seem to be a fan of it aye. But looks like JRPG's are not his thing anyway. He even lumped in Pokemon as part of the games he doesn't like.