Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[spoilers] The First Law Trilogy
there's this great book by Joe called "The Heroes" which I'm sure you'll love. It's so good that you don't even need to have read the trilogy to fall in love with it, I guarantee that if I had lent it to you years ago you'd have read it back to back then reread it and then gone back for more it's so great you'd've loved it my greatest shame is not pushing these on you earlier

The Bloody Nine fite scenes is best written violence I've ever read it's so compelling I love it
But remember you did lend it to me, and I read 1/3 of it before falling off for no good reason despite being a very good book. I then held onto it for a year before giving it back. It's been long enough I've forgotten it all which is good so I can enjoy it fresh.

Yeah the Bloody Nine is so great. All you ever hear is named men, and bloody nine this, and bloody nine that. And you are all yeah yeah hes the blood nine Logen is a badass dude done his share of killing. BUT NO, then it's Logen is The Bloody Nine like The Bloody Nine isn't just a name it's a dude who'll fucking kill you and everyone around you. No sides, no lines, no friends, everyone is equally fucked when this guy is on the loose.

So then it becomes more than oh Logen has this nickname The Bloody Nine and becomes fuck The Bloody Nine is the thing of nightmares and everyone in the North has heard of him cause he's not just a name, everyone legit fears him.

Really brilliant. And you don't know much about him or this alter-ego/personality state. It seems to turn up when Logen is under particular duress, but there's plenty of times when it doesn't either. Very cool.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
do you think Goodman Heath and Goodman Hood are the same person?
Man thats a throw back. Goodman Heath is there for like half a paragraph in the first book. I don't know who Goodman Hood is.
(26-09-2019, 08:22 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote: I don't know who Goodman Hood is.
one of the Tanner's lieutenants, during the peasant revolt.

although apparently "Goodman" is sort of an honorific for a peasant so it's unlikely... I like to think they're the same people, maybe he used West's wallet of gold to kickstart a revolution
Ah yes, that vaguely familiar now. Yeah probably is.
Finished the trilogy. Real dam good. Keen to start on the stand alones then the new trilogy which im hoping will wrap up a few things maybe.

Bayaz is a dick. I feel bad for Jezal, he actually becomes a better person and does some character growing just to be in a false place of power unable to do any good.

Glokta was such a great character, his whole story was great. Totally expect him to die at almost every turn but he just keeps on going haha.

Logen is great too, another favorite and his fate is unknown (but safe to assume dead this time for sure).

Black Dow rules the North now aye?