Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Dead Redemption 2
I know how animal hunting works, but having animals that are less than pristine to begin with is ultimately pointless. It just adds to the tedium since they just stretch out the time you spend waiting to get something decent (which you then have to kill well- a mechanic I actually like). I'd rather all animals were the same, but your pelt is determined by your kill.

I found that author. Did his first person, thought it was ok, then kept exploring other side quests. I'll refocus on him.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(20-11-2018, 07:03 AM)Jargonion Wrote: I'd rather all animals were the same, but your pelt is determined by your kill.

Ah I didn't know that/hadn't noticed that yet. I thought pelts were determined by kills alone and not animals as well. Is there a way to see off the bat if the animal is shit or not?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Yeah, after you study or skin an animal, you'll get a star rating next to the animal of that species next time you lock on to one.
Good to know! Can't say it will probably be of much use to me going forward. I only do it for food for camp and early on to sell pelt for money. After a couple of story related robberies money has not been an issue however.

If I decide to hardcore dive into hunting later though its good to know.
I have a bag full of shit I don't use, but get mad that I can't carry more. When I need to, I sell my entire inventory with no consequence (no poor design there). I want the extra carry capacity and ammo...
Yeah my inventory is shit small. But the only way to upgrade is at camp right? You need to make new satchels outta good pelts and whatnot. There is a bigger city later on, so im hoping they sell that sort of stuff so I can by-pass having to upgrade entirely.

After a story train/bank robbery I poured my money into decent gun holsters and ammo capacity. If you do a few more story related missions you'll be in the same position to do so.
I think your hopes are going to be dashed.
Well currently I'm fueling a feud between two families in a little backwater town down South of the map. I played for a good hour and a half then had enough and put it down. Its a reoccurring trend.
My trend is to go hunting for two hours, get fed up and blow all my cash on paying off bounties or some nonsense in the camp, then go do a mission, then put it down and come back because I've got nothing else to do half an hour later.

So, I had a perfect beaver pelt on my horse. I rode it back to Emerald RAnch, and took a stage coach to Valentine. Typically, my horse follows the stage coach. This time it didn't. I could not be fucked going back to Emerald Ranch to get my horse, because fuck that, so I blew $300 on the fucking camp horse stable upgrade. Luckily, when I summoned the horse back to camp, it still had my pelts on its back.

Also, that frozen lake with the second treasure map is the fucking coolest area in the game. Huntin giant as moose while being hunted by bears. Neat!
Where exactly is the frozen lake on the map? Up the top somewhere?

Yeah the fast travel leaves something to be desired. Why can't you just travel from sigh post to sign post or something. Rather than having to catch the train, load through all the cutsceens, or take the coach, but then not have your horse follow as you say. I get 'muh realism' but having the horse spawn when you whistle no matter how far away you are would make so much more sense. It's so slow on foot. Also fast travel points are too far and in between. If you go hunting up that frozen lake for example, its usually a decent track back to your camp or a fast travel point. Which, fine, the first time you do it sure. Its fun and all taking in the surroundings. But the 100th time its just a pain having to take 15mins to head back into town.

Giant moose and bears sound great though. Will do that next.