Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Punch Man season 2
So the only Anime I've watched properly and multiple times since High School is One Punch Man.

It's so fantastic. Goddam stellar, 10/10 for sure.

Our resident weeb told me season 2 started, so hopped on Ep 1 tonight. Ep 2 should be out tomorrow. This is the thread for tracking each episode, week by week.

So, Ep 1 season 2. I thought it was dam good. Humor is still top notch, although i think the animation took a little bit of a hit? Looks "softer" than last time (not as fluid or sharp as season 1) but could have been just me.

I don't know what this season is based off, Oathy can you chime in? I know season 1 ended where the Manga was currently up to, its been a couple years so is it following whats been written manga-wise or?

Anyway, plot has a direction, keen to see way more of the other heroes and they teased a bunch of old and new. I have high hopes for this season.

Gotta love Sitama, stops the bird with one hand, then one punches its head. ALMOST LIKE THATS HIS SCHTICK.

The part where they were gaming at Kings place was great too, loved it.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Yeah I loved the story of King. Just a regular old otaku who was in the wrong place at the wrong time multiple times, taking the credit of Siatamas battles. Classic.

You might be right about the animation being different, the animation studio that did the first season is different to this seasons studio.

Apparently this season is supposed to be based on the 'human monster saga' from the manga. Its hard to know how much it will divert. It should feel like a more story driven anime with episodes linking together rather than the episode by episode style it used in season one.
Hmmm well the first season all came together in the last couple of Eps, but Im happy for this season to have more direction.

If it's based off the Manga im sure it will be fine. If its not made up filler then that's good.

Does the guy that writes the Manga the same guy that does the web comic? New ep out tonight. Will watch and post up some opinions.
Alright ep 2. wasnt' that great. Not a big fan of the new intro either.

Is it an entirely different studio doing everything this season? The animation is way different for sure, its a different style too (camera shots etc.) not as good as season 1.

Shit all happened this ep, we were thrown a back story for Tornado's older/younger sis. Then Sonic and Genos had a brief but lame fight and was lammer with Saitama vs Sonic.

5/10
What do you mean? This episode was a 10/10
Just see here:
[Image: TallHighlevelEelelephant.gif]
Big titty waifu: check.
season 2 just isn't the same... this is actually the difference a good animation studio can make. Same source, so much worse.
Thank you. Not just me then.
nah it's a huge drop in quality. imo OPM season 1 was good jokes mixed in with spicy combat animation. The serious animation added to the humour when the characters stopped taking it seriously, but now I can't take any of it seriously at all. Maybe the series isn't as bad as it feels to watch, it's just so disappointing knowing what it could have been.
Plot-wise, this Garou-dude seems to be the focus of this first arc. What's his deal? How will he pose any challenge to Saitama, job-wise or philosophically? He doesn't seem like someone Saitama would hesitate to punch, nor someone that he needs to convince with talk-no-jutsu. Maybe he's really good at hiding, or is very persuasive and can cause some sort of moral dilemma eliminating the truant heroes.
Yeah I was thinking that too. Given the ol one punch running joke theme of the whole first series, I wonder how well they can build a new villain that will just get his shit whooped when the time comes. Was done so well in season 1, mainly because they were introduced and died by the episode. Nothing was a season in the making. Even the final villain took up the last couple of eps and was so well done.

Anyway, see where it goes. I am an ep behind now. As Oathy confirmed it seems to be based off the current manga, so its not filler garbage (hopefully) so it should turn out good?

I did some research though, the first season was done by Madhouse who are L-L-L-L-L-L- L E G E N D S in the anime world, and have done many well-known series and are used to animating fight scenes etc.

Season 2 is one by J.C. Staff. I haven't heard of/seen any of the shit they have done. Looking into it, they mainly seem to do slice of life/harem/ecchi type anime. Which THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEW BERSERK ANIME. They gave one of the most badass series of all time to a new animation studio that do the new style CGI anime stuff and who have only done a bunch of ecchi shit in the past.

Literally who makes these decisions, i want to speak with the manager.

Anyway, hopes are prayers please and F for OPM season 2.