Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate series and films you've seen recently
I'm gonna just give my reckons on things I have seen recently whenever I remember. Might get better stars with less watermark all over them but no promises

Dracula (2020)
New Netflix/BBC miniseries
[Image: wl30JSN.png]

Midsommar (2019)
"Horror"
[Image: YgTsPrJ.png]

Black Coal Thin Ice (2014)
Chinese murder mystery I think is how I'd categorise it
[Image: a6SuYGl.png]
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
have you seen joker? just watched it the other night
(15-01-2020, 04:56 AM)womblemuppet Wrote: have you seen joker? just watched it the other night

planning to, sort of dreading it seeing such mixed reviews. how’d you rate it out of 3?
Just out of 3 stars? So-so on Midsommar then? Gotta watch Hereditary too.

For me recently:

Movies:

The Irishman: 8/10 long as fuck but good

Parasite: 10/10 movie and best movie of last year

The Lighthouse: crazy black and white physiological horror thing shot in 4:3 with Robert Paterson and William Defoe in it. 7/10 pretty decent.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 8-9/10 not his best but still so dam good.

Joker: really good, I haven't seen polarizing reviews that much? 8/10 for me.

TV:

The Mandalorian: 4/10 you just can't put a cute character in it and let the fans carry the show based on that. Its average, poor writing, but well shot and directed though. It could have been decent. Disney plays it too tame with Star Wars, no real grit in it, but chuck in a cute character to create some lore is enough to keep fans pumping.

The Witcher: Something I should have been far more hype for but not a giant fan of the casting or how the first few eps have unfolded. Need to finished this, 5/10 so far

Fargo season 1-3: 10/10 great stuff can't wait for season 4. When I watch this show, I am like "why the fuck was I watching anything else when I could have been watching this" Fucking actual quality.

To see next:

Knives Out
Jojo Rabbit
The Gentlemen
Better Call Saul season 5 next month yeah booooooooooooooooooooooooy

(15-01-2020, 04:56 AM)womblemuppet Wrote: have you seen joker? just watched it the other night

Thoughts?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Joker?
If you can handle the "oh god this is going to go very wrong" feeling of dread sustained for the whole movie, then definitely go for it. There's a very warped sense of morality and I don't know if there's a specific point the movie is trying to make. But worth a watch, wouldn't really call it enjoyable though. There's one 5 second series of flashbacks that was really really unnecessary, took me out of the film for a bit thinking of studio meddling.
l’ve poisoned my brain with twitter hottakes about media hysteria about twitter hottakes about Joker.

Does it tell of the evils of capitalism? incel culture? mental health? class struggle? I know that no matter what it is I have to eventually see it and hate it
Defs some mental health in there, the rest is the seedy and poor side of Gotham they always portray. The incel commentary going around is cancer, get off Twitter.
just watched parasite on admins recommendation. 5 stars, loved it..
Came off Tofu's recommendation. But its a stellar director of which we've all liked his movies so far (Memories of Murder, The Host, Snowpiercer).
The Gentleman 10/10
Once upon a time in Hollywood 8-9/10
Joker 6/10
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky